Warming Disp Color temp is not a Sin

Has anyone else had a go at cranking their display color temp slightly warmer and left it there, ever?

I used to cry a bit when using f.lux sometimes, because of how strict the app was on trying to emit less blue light. Opening the Radeon settings program (don’t you dare call it an app) there’s adjustable color temp sliders for each monitor. Giving each one a fine tuned shift warmer, but still matching each other.
Now I notice that everything is fantastic - subjectively. Reading fine text with wikipedia at a scaled down size just tells me that the bright white is what usually upsets my vision.
I used to be prone to headaches, but ever since I did this… I am not sure, but so far I have noticed something change and I think it’s a good chance the color temp has been part of it.

[of course being in to video editing and shooting photos I have to turn it off every once in a while when adjusting the color of videos/photos]

I do that on all my monitors. Not a huge shift, but just enough to make it less harsh.

I’ve been getting headaches from any harsh white lately. I really wish websites would move to a light gray or something.

2 Likes