Warhammer 40k Eisenhorn Show

So the show runner for Man in the High Castle and X-Files is teaming up with Games Workshop to make a 40k TV show. Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn is slated to be the main character. He was originally created by Dan Abnett of Guardians of the Galaxy fame.

This sounds very cool.

With who is involved I hope it keeps the violent and dark tone of the Eisenhorn Books and 40k in general.

6 Likes

That’s cool, an Inquisitor might alow for a lot more freedom of a charachter, without the larger set peices and battles involved with the direct military people like Cain or Gaunt, and also (slightly) less brainwashed than a Marine or being too alien which less normies would identify with if it featured an actual alien…

Oh, that would be a fun show.

I understand Eisenhorn allows them to explore the Galaxy a bit more too.

Alizebeth Bequin acts as a good normie viewer surrogate who can have stuff explained to.

I hope they do the Escher Nightmare world battle at the end of the first book. Deathwatch Vs Emperor’s Children, I am giddy thinking about it.

2 Likes

Looking how Warcraft basically turned into some love story, I have no hopes for the series actually getting anywhere- Hollywood loves messing up characters, trying to increase mass appeal.

See Hitman, and probably any game that turned into a movie?

[I could be just a massive cynic…]

1 Like

Have you seen Man in the High Castle?

I think they may have found the right show runner.

I didn’t read the books, and only got through half the first the series.

The expanse I really liked, given the mish-mashing they did, it turned out really good

1 Like

Oh, and I think I like all the movies based off dick’s works, so yeah, I guess I’m just a cynic

And the guy was a show runner for X-Files they stayed away from the love stuff there as well.

Is it Spotnitz? I liked the Lone gunmen too, shame about the September 11th thing

1 Like

Yes Sir

Crikey, looks like he has like 4 projects on the go at the moment? must be busy! but I like some of the more obscure things, like strike back

1 Like

“No broadcaster or platform is attached”

I wonder if that means they have negotiated with GW / DA, and are now shopping around for funding?

Hopefully not on broadcast TV.

1 Like

Well broadcast worked okay for a few shows, and they might have the money, and be willing to risk it… But Netflix would be ideal, or Amazon?
Netflix is more generic, and on a bit more of a buying spree
Amazon seems to play a bit nicer with others?

1 Like

Would be down with HBO and Showtime as well.

I’m sorry but no one has given the only acceptable response:

Fuck Yeah

3 Likes

3 Likes

Luetin’s take on it…

1 Like

The concerns about “pop culture critics” is valid.

3 Likes

I am excited for a 40k live action series, as this means we get to see the amazing world of 40k on the TV, awesome.

4 Likes