Wanting to relearn how to write programs

Back when I was a kid, in school they used to teach how to make programs in Basic. It’s been nearly 22 years since then, and I never really retained any of that. I was too young, and more interested in toys, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles like every other kid my age.

I’d like to learn how to write programs again. I know I would have to start off from scratch, but could anyone suggest any good books for a beginner?

I’m seriously wanting to take this up again, since all I can practically do is sit around my house all by myself waiting for my social security for my balance issues to start. I’m bored, and need to learn something.

Looking for any recommendations on books that would be good for a beginner. I have some basic knowlege, but want to start from the 1st step. Be treated like a complete noob.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

codingame and codecademy are good sites to start off in

Personally I get bored of starting at that basic of a level. I just… start a project. And I start at some of the basic stuff first and as I work on it I learn the more complex concepts on the way.

You can try freecodecamp.org as well. It’s on my to do list once winter hits.
Edit; also https://www.khanacademy.org/

If you’re willing to wait a bit, things in the worksTM for this years #devember