Want a new gaming rig based around AMD FX-8350

Hey guys I have had my current rig for some years now and would like to build a new one. I really like the AMD FX-8350 Vishera and would like the build to be based around that. A sample of games that I currently play but do not get max fps out of are  Dota 2, Planetside 2, Guild Wars 2, Tera, and World of Warcraft.

As for budget I'm not rich so anything sub $800 would be nice not set in stone tho. Honestly the more expensive just means the longer it will take me to build it as I'll have to buy a few parts here and there when I can spare the cash.

My current rig is as follows:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 450

RAM: 4.0 GB of DDR2 Gskill 1 gig sticks

Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel ATX

After building it originally to be an all around computer I have since added more memory and upgraded the gfx card a few times. But its starting to show its age and a lot of games are more cpu reliant these days it seems.

Sorry for the long post but I figured it would be good to have some details. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Actually games are far more GPU dependent, more than ever now. With that said, you're right, a CPU upgrade wouldn't hurt. If you had a really fast dual-core, you could get away with just a GPU upgrade for another generation, but the E6750 wasn't top of the line. Games are really starting to utilize more threads better.

Is there anything you're going to be salvaging from the old build? Normally, the case, Power supply, and optical drive are good parts to re-use, and that can free up the budget for a better GPU. Also, will you be overclocking?

I do not intend to do any overclocking at least not in the foreseeable future. As for salvaging  my optical drive has been dead for about a year now. The case is a Thermaltake armor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133154 which has been great but I have had to lug the 60 pound thing around a lot in the last couple of years. I told myself the next build would be smaller. My psu is an antec 650w modular http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371010 it still functions correctly.

Thanks a ton for your reply!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DCpE

Hey there, this is a build that comes up to a bit over $700.

The build uses the FX 8350 that you wanted in the build.

The Mother Board is a Asrock Extreme3 970. You can upgrade to an Extreme 4 for a couple dollars more to hold 1 more GPU as this one can hold up to 2. With this Motherboard, however, you want to stick with Radeon Graphics card since it only supports CrossFire and not SLI if you want to use 2 Graphics cards at the same time.

The RAM is a sniper series which I assume is good because most people who review these RAM says they're good for their price.

The video card is a 7850 Radeon. This card can run BF3 and Crysis 2 at max with good FPS. WoW, Tera, and Planetside 2 at max setting with playable fps (above 30 in the cases that I've looked at).

The PSU is only 500W but it's enough with about 150W left over. It's just enough for 2x7850 radeon GPU. 

The HDD and the Optical drive are nothing fancy. Just a basic seagate 1TB and a cheap Optical Drive.

Somethings that I may suggest.

hypercooler 212 - The stock fan may be loud to some people, it doesn't bother me though. If you plan on Overclocking then I suggest at least this one. It has lots of great reviews and it's very cheap.

Better PSU - Your choice on what you want. If you do want to use 2 GPU and overclock, I suggest at least 600W if not more.

That's about it.

I apologize for the late reply. Thank you very much that build looks great! I will be finalizing what im going to get soon. Ill be sure to let you know what I decide on. Once again Thanks a lot for the build suggestion :D