VT-d help please for PCIE passthrough

I am atempting to setup PCIe passthrough on my main rig (xeon 2650, rampage 4 extreme, 8x4gb ddr3,gtx 970 and 8600gt) Im using Wendells guide found here: Ubuntu 17.04 -- VFIO PCIe Passthrough & Kernel Update (4.14-rc1)

Ive followed all the steps but its not working ive narrowed it down to vt-d not working as i cant find the option in the bios. ive seen on the asus forums(found here:https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40309-No-VT-d-support-for-IVB-E-on-R4E-boards&p=350752&viewfull=1#post350752) that vt-d was a problem but i have updated to the latest bios but still nothing.

Grasping at straws here as ive spent the last 10 hours trying to do this :frowning:

roll back one or two versions in uefi. not sure about this particular board but a couple asus boards the option for vt-d disappeared mysteriously and they haven’t seemed to care to go back and fix it.

you can sometimes also use the “search” feature to find options that have otherwise been hidden, I have found, if your bios has the search feature.

From that Asus forum It seems the last two bios were the only versions that supportted vt-d. But ill try another one back just incase

Update: Attempted the latest and two previous bios to no avail