VROC on non Intel SSDs, Bifurcation, ASUS HYPER M.2 V2, WS-C621E-SAGE

Hi All,

I have a following hardware:
Motherboard: WS-C621E-SAGE
CPU: 2x Intel® Xeon® Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz
2X PCIE SSD card: HYPER M.2 X16 CARD V2 (pre-ordered)
VROC key: VROCSTANMOD
8X Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280

And I have a few questions about how can I maximise the SSD performance.
I found this article http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?296890-Sabrent-Rocket-12GB-s-VROC suggesting that VROC should work with Sabrent SSDs - I am not sure if this is true yet or not as I’m awaiting Asus PCIE card.

By looking at this page [Motherboard] Compatibility of PCIE bifurcation between Hyper M.2 series Cards and Add-On Graphic Cards | Official Support | ASUS Global it looks like my WS-C621E-SAGE does not support Bifurcation ?

Does anyone have experience with this that would be able to advise what’s the best way to squeeze maximum performance out of these SSDs ? If Bifurcation is not supported, is there a way to tweak bios to make it supportable or is this hardware thing that needs to support it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Socket3647/WS_C621E_SAGE/Manual/E16279_WS_C621E_SAGE_UM_V7_WEB.pdf

How funny i was looking for VRoc this morning.
I have the same Board and i do use an cheap PCie to 4* m.2 PCie Adapter with 3* Kingston A2000 on it. I can use Slot 1 ,2, 5,6,7 for that. Slot 3,4 are only 8x Slots.
So All Slots do bifurcate. I do Farm Chia with a friend of myne and i use ZFS to RAID them together.

Interesting… funny you mention Chia :wink:

I see, so In this case I should be able to set up the vroc and Bifurcation !
Out of curiosity, do you have any stats at which your are plotting ?

Which “cheap” pcie to 4* m.2 are you using? I am unable to find any at this point

I bought this m.2 PCie 4*4lane Adapter

It works Just as it states.

A friend and I work together on this Chia Projekt.
We have as now 60TB in space and 15TB plotted.

He provides the Housing of the Rig and Power.

I do the heavy Lifting in plotting. ATM i generate ~20plots a day with my Server Rig.

Dual Xeon Platinum 26Core 128gb DDR4 3*512gb cheap Kingston nvme as RAID z and an Intel D3600 nvme.

We Change to storj in the Longrun, it has a calculatable income.

1 Like

@wendell I just watched the What Can You Do With 64 Core Threadripper Pro? We'll Show You! - YouTube and I feel the need to express publicly how much I hate you right now. I’m going to sell my car to get one of those babies !

PS. Waiting on an article with title “How I drained my treadripper on chia plotting”

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.