VR Sim Rig

I plan on building a setup for sim racing/flight sims. I have a thrustmaster wheel/peddles, and plan on adding a shifter to the mix (well I have one but it’s not working and I don’t want to buy a new one yet). I also have a full hotas setup with peddles as well. I’m going to be custom fabricating the mounting points for all of that. The PC is going to be dedicated to this job. I don’t really want to spend more than about $1,200 on the whole thing (PC parts and monitor) And I was thinking I could salvage my old 1700X and pair it with my 1080Ti and then purchase a video card for my main computer as a hold over something like 580 or maybe a 1660? Since the whole VR hype train has come to a stop I’ve not been keeping up with the rquirements of it recently, or how much a need to invest in the CPU vs GPU for performance.

Some of the games I’m thinking I’m going to use with this setup include DCS world, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Elite dangerous, and Star Citizen if it’s ever finished.

Any advice would be welcomed.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.