VPN adblocker like Blokada?

hey recently I’ve found blokada from a user on the discord for android and I was wondering if there was anything like this for windows/linux and mac?

is ublock origin not good enough?

unfortunately it doesnt block twitch adds

The VPN portion of an adblock system doesnt make much sense to me except for on android where you would be able to block ads in apps without root. I just checked twitch out because I dont remember seeing many ads except those played over the stream itself by the streamer, which are unavoidable since its part of the video itself. I’m using ublock origin.

1 Like

Yeap I use uBlock origin ( available for Firefox and Chrome ) and there are no adds in twitch.

Edit: just remembered the laws of the forum.
So in addition to what i said you should know that I use it only with educational purpose. I do not recommend you block adds in any way or form. This is how people are making money. :japanese_ogre:

I’m using ublock atm and I still get alot of adds on twitch and I was wondering about this since I like using the twitch desktop app but the downside is it has ads on it and this way should fix it hopefully

The uBlock Origin can block only in the browser.
There is a program for linux based operating systems that can block ads on a OS level. Cant remember its name right now but it doesn’t matter if you use the desktop app as it does not support linux at the moment.
Will edit this comment later if I remember the name of the program.

By the way there is a difference between uBlock and uBlock Origin, make sure you have the Origin it is the better one.

yeah I have ublock origin

You can block ads at the DNS level, have a look at the MVPS host file, you can replace the host file on your system and that should block most ads.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm