VM Server/Deep Learning Build

Hey guys, trying to put to together a set-up and was recommended this website from r/buildapcforme. So I’mma copy paste what I put over there, please let me know if I’m doing something wrong.

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

• So I am looking to build a pc that can run about 10 VMs simultaneously for penetration testing, also will be using this system for deep learning. If needed I can add the VMs that I will be running in the comments.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

• Maximum budget is about $4,500 USD

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

• As soon as possible

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

• Tower only

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you’re in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

• USA, all parts will be bought online

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• No parts will be reused

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

• No overclocking

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

• Will be doing RAID 5, would want to use three 3.5 2TB or greater drives; also need at least 40 GB of ram.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

• No need for LED OR lighting, if the part has LED will not be mad but must make sense

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

• Already have needed OS

**Extra info or particulars:

• Already have a system kinda built on PCPartPicker, looking for input and options. If this is not the right sub for feedback and help let me know.

PCPartPicker Part List:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2990WX 3 GHz 32-Core Processor ($1693.14 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4 59.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($87.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X399-A EATX TR4 Motherboard ($295.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($149.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($1099.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass ATX Full Tower Case ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DVD-E818AAT/BLK/B/GE DVD/CD Drive ($36.89 @ OutletPC)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($34.88 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: be quiet! SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM 140 mm Fan ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $4368.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-17 04:44 EDT-0400