VLAN Assistance

And here's a finalized network diagram that's more correct. I only added the 3rd switch as a visualization on the original one. The L3 switch that resides on the 4th floor is an actual working switch and I'd have to tag all the associated ports as needed from there.

Well, if that's the current network, you've got some stuff to do :)

Remove the 54 addresses from the managed switches (server room, 1st floor, 2nd floor) and implement the Management VLAN.

The diagram still misses some VLANs on the trunks, but I'm sure they are there :)

What do you mean by this:

Implementing Voice VLAN is pretty straight forward - it's a normal VLAN as far the network is concerned, but the actual benefits are twofold:

• reduce number of user ports in the network by half, get rid of the PSTN cabling and simplify the infrastructure
  • gain far better control over all voice communications, implement cooler services and reduce overall costs

If you do it right with PoE switches you also do not have to worry about PSUs and shits like that.

In my network I have hundreds of IP phones and I have not implemented QoS yet because my current infrastructure is strong enough to easily handle the traffic, so I do not get bad voice service whatsoever. I even have IP phones that are hundreds of kilometers away from the Call Manager and they work pretty fine as well.

Sorry, wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, I just remember a few years ago when I was first screwing around with VLANs at home I didn't know as much "basic networking material" as I probably should. No worries!

@K4KFH you're fine. Subnetting is a pretty basic networking task so you putting the information out there is better than now, someone will run across this thread and find it useful one day. My brain was just not working and for some reason I was trying to subnet backwards.

@darkrage We have EKG machines that only use the 2.4 ghz band and in the same area sonogram machines that only transfer on the 5ghz, for example. So I cant divide them up in that manner.

I'm correcting the diagram now, adding in those missing trunks and changing the IP addresses. I knew something seemed off while I was typing it in but my 1.5 year old was jumping all over me.

Edit:

Fun fact, the switch in the server room is also a L3 switch. It's only a 24 port so I never bothered to look at that, but adding the VLAN structure on it today I noticed it too has routing capabilities.