Visual Studio 2017 Not Installing

I have been trying to install visual studio 2017 on windows 10 pro version 1703. It will extract something and then will not run the setup. I can't find anything online about it.

I won't be much help on this, but if you can post a screenshot of whatever errors you get someone may be able to help you better.

1 Like

That's the problem it doesn't give me an error. It just closes and doesnt open the setup.

Can you possible see where it's extracting to, so maybe you can run the file from said directory?

It auto deletes it.

Any chance you're not running it as administrator? If so try that

Same result.

Is it possible to download a different installer, or is that not really a possibility? Sorry not too familiar with the download choices for this.

try redownloading the installer exe
or just use vim

1 Like

For Visual Studio 2017 It's not possible. For 2015 i remember you could download the iso but i cant find it and i would like to use 2017.

I have tried redownloading the installer but it won't work. and i know and like visual studio.

The installer is just a small exe right?

You have to try and find some log files. In situations like this, I clear out the tmp folders, and see what the installer leaves behind after running. Maybe it creates a tmp folder with some log files or clues inside.
You can also check the windows event manager for application errors etc associated with the installer.

1 Like

I just ran it and looked in event viewer. I think it my .net framework is messed up. Here is the event viewer file.

I just tried to reinstall .net frame work and it still doesn't work.

I haven't had a problem installing it but there is a way to create an offline installer which might help you.

I will try making that in a vm.

It crashes also.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I've installed it on a few machines and haven't had any problems. I'm also running windows 10 pro version 1703. Perhaps there's an antivirus blocking it?

Try (re-)installing directx. The event log says there was an issue with d3d9.dll, which is part of Direct-X 9.

Ok. I will try that.
@TheCount I only have windows defender and malwarebytes.