Virtualbox not working please help

when I try to put ubuntu into it, it does this

Failed to open the optical disk file C:\Users\TysonO\Downloads\ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-32bit.iso.

Could not get the storage format of the medium 'C:\Users\TysonO\Downloads\ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-32bit.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
Component: Medium
Interface: IMedium {05f2bbb6-a3a6-4fb9-9b49-6d0dda7142ac}
Callee: IVirtualBox {fafa4e17-1ee2-4905-a10e-fe7c18bf5554}
Callee RC: VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80BB0001)

please help!

Have you moved your VM files to another place or to another folder?

If not google VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) it will give you an answer for sure

I looked up VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) and most of them said to enable VT is on my. I turned it on but it still does work :(

The only thing i can say is if you haven't changed anything and it was working before just creat a new one... Or go to the VirtualBox forums and try to figure it out. Lastly if nothing works just reinstall VM

you created a 64 bit VM and try to use a 32bit iso?
The error is according to the linux iso, if you ask me.

Hmmm 32 bit ISO's can run on 64 bit VMs.. weird though... did you check the MD5 hash or SHA256 HASH of the ISo and compare it to ubuntus hash... maybe its a bad ISO.. if not.. dump all your settings for that vm and virtual box.. What they are set to and stuff.. and let us see what is messed up

well Its not a bad iso because I downloaded an archlinux iso and its not working either, how do I give u all my setting screen shots or something?

1 Like

should I uninstall virtual box and reinstall an older version maybe?

1 Like

Just screenshot all your settings.. I know its a pain.. sorry... Also download the extensions and import them.. they are on the download site

as far as i can read about this error on the net, it looks to me that it is still related to the iso.
try and download a diffrent iso.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GetUbuntuGNOME/Non-LTS
Grab one of those.

What CPU and mobo do you have?

And how are you stetting up the storage container for the VM?