Virgin Media, you idiots

To be honest I have just had the upgrade too, and im really happy

200MBs down is fast and the price hasnt gone up either, Its free.

Also its unlimited on the down speed, and throttled on the up, but not by much and only at peak hours.

www.speedtest.net/my-result/4715474565

The price is going up, I had a letter about it. However I called in to have a moan about the price and they've knocked it down by £12 a month to £29 for the broadband just by itself (I have no use for a phone line and I don't watch TV as it's broadcast).

£29 a month is pretty good for 200Mb down completely unlimited(about $45~ for those in the US). They really need to work on the upload though, even for the sake of competition.

Even if it was just too 20Mb up.

..................Yeah eat a dick. You just sound like an asshole

Lol the hostility in this thread, we get it, where you're from the service is shit.. Good for you, as I said earlier, other people having it worse doesn't make something immune to complaints.. By that argument no one can complain about any ISP at all because there's still many many people without even internet access and we all have it better than them, so no one has any right to complain, right?

How much worse service is in other parts of the world has no bearing on whether or not it's a good idea to just blindly throw money into marketing and rebranding an entire new line of products in attempt to mislead uninformed people into believing they have new technology when all that's changed is the numbers in the modem config files, instead of actually upgrading a network that in many areas is limping along with people losing over 90% of that speed in peak times purely due to congestion, plus the fact that they actually tested faster configs before realising they can't support them right now..

1 Like

I'm just happy that we don't have to pay line rental on their broadband only package. Think how much money BT get from all of the other ISPs because of line rental, and how much they actually spend on upgrading their infrastructure. Openreach are shit at doing their job.

Something, something, something, nationalise the internet/telecommunications infrastructure.

Yeah the mandatory voice service whether you actually want it or not is dumb, although I believe there were rumours at one point of a "naked DSL" service, aka internet only on Openreach based connections..

Not entirely sure what happened to that though, or how likely it will be, as ISPs like to increase line rental in order to be able to drop the price for the internet portion to make it sound like you're getting a better deal because hey, the broadband is now half price or something right? (Oh you actually noticed the mandatory line rental keeps going up year after year? Dammit that was supposed to be a secret..)

1 Like