Veteran Bitcoiner here. AMA

Usually people don't have an issue with the offline wallets and windows... Well, You shouldn't run it on Windows in the first place... Too many viruses. Switch to linux for security reasons.

Right now it low but going forward it will be worth allot more.

What is your preferred method for exchanging Bitcoins to USD or whatever currency? I know Dwolla doesn't support it anymore, so I'm kinda stuck. I want to cash in some, just don't know how. Thanks man. 

I'm from Australia and I've been interested in mining for years now but was originally scared off by our high electricity costs, being told it was pretty much not profitable here and if I wanted to mine I should move country.

Is this still the case? As Bitcoins have risen so much since then by A LOT and now I see we no longer want to use GPU's but something else, something surely more efficient? (I've only just started looking into this again so no clue)

I have just under $10,000 to invest in this. I would really like to do it. If not I suppose I'll have more to invest with.

I also plan on buying Bitcoin over the next few months, I am not overly concerned with anonymity but more so buying it for as little as possible where should I be looking to buy it from?

Thanks for any insight!

can i ask why you dont use Mt Gox anymore?

and once i bought bitcoins at a exchange, how can I get them to my offline wallet as soon as possible? The exchange still has a copy of my wallet? how does that work? or am i wrong in this?