VESSEL, an open discustion

I don't the problem, at all.

No one would complain if TS started uploading to Dailymotiion or something. Its just a location. Like putting your music on iTunes and Google play.

Either way its free and its not delayed or subscription based. I really think some people are stuck hating Vessel after the whole LinusTechTips thing.

we all are man, we all are

I dont at all. Im nothing. But now I myself dont feel anything anymore about teksyndicate....Its not about teksyndicate. Its me and not feeling a tie to it.

Your all free to do what you want. I never wished to control anyone. Prehaps belong but thats a pipe dream.

You still get your one video a day from LTT. That never stopped.

Yup, I never really had a problem with it either, although there is ALOT more understandable reasons for complaint over that.

Using two platforms at once as long as they don't have any massive content advantages (like LTT) is just fine if not better for viewers.

1 Like

I see "coming out a week early" as a disadvantage only for people who are impatient as hell. It's not like you're missing out on anything, you just have to wait a week. And hell, they offered a free year subscription. I had that, used it like 3 times and went back to just watching shit on youtube, why? Because....I have no real reason to view it on vessel, over viewing it on youtube. And hell, I have nothing but free time.

Hell, if you don't even know something came out a week ago, is it really waiting?

1 Like

ROFL. LMG never meets a commitment at all. And often are just stupid fuck ups that are a not to ever be story.

If you seriously cancelled because we offered our content on another platform... Then I feel bad for you. We are not making the big bucks on vessel because we are not doing the exclusive nonsense, not screwing or neglecting our yt audience. It's unwise to put all our eggs in the yt basket. If you prefer YT, go watch us there... Same day. Again, for the love of wooly mammoths, we are not uploading early to vessel. We are not getting the big vessel money. You do not have to be a member to watch our content. Our content goes to yt at the same time. Vessel has really dug themselves a hole when it comes to brand image. Now i have to run around saying, "wait, not all content is behind the pay wall!"

Now that you have been educated in the matter, get back on patreon and help us get some epic shit done!

8 Likes

No its not that. I apologize.
Quain rubs me the wrong way. I feel idiot every time I see him....So I want to leave and call it quits. You all have fun...Wendell is amazing.

1 Like

As others have stated, all for videos in other places, more exposure with no down side.

I tried the vessel video along side the YouTube one for the Rant:30 video. Vessel was slower to load, slower to ramp up the quality to the same level (and if I was being pedantic will never reach the same quality as it lacks higher options) and the UI/UX is not as enjoyable not that YT is perfect either.

It is just a worse place for the viewer to watch things. Hopefully they fix that and then all will be equal and well to do.

The other side of it is the continual mantra don't be evil while there is nothing to suggest that this would happen it is not hard to see a time when YT is dropped and Vessel is the only platform, or at leas the main one.

TekSyn are all ready and have expressed many times their displeasure at YT and their failing ad revenues there. Vessel is, in plain text above, paying them more. So logical conclusion time, why stay with YT. It comes down to the potential to make more but at the cost of userbase which will make less ultimately. So I don't see a switch happening... Yet. But that worry is there now, like a threat hanging over the audience, never in your face but looming still.

Whatever happens happens, if they go to Vessel I will watch there but I certainly will not be happy about it as stated above vessel is just not up to standard at all.

1 Like

Good idea adding an additional way for people to view; should reduce the risk factor, what with YT having the ability to shut you off any time...
I'll continue consuming via podcast and YT until YT no longer viable, and a contribution through patreon to do my small part to help!

They upload 1 video a day, or have been for as long as I have been watching them. Point is, anyone complaining about them, or Tek Syndicate using Vessel, is just looking for something to complain about.

2 Likes

hey logan, out of curiosity, does vessel have the bullshit content ID on vessel, or is it a better platform on that front? Also I am happy that you commented, I have made a good forum post and I am happy the person that made it is commenting, thanks for your input logan

I personally couldn't care less about vessel, I only care enough to contribute to Tek Syndicate. However a user who wanted to see content early for multiple producers as well as support them without ads could take advantage of their subscription system.

Dunno why a lot of people seem to be up-in-arms over the idea of delayed content releases. Maybe it's just a vocal minority or something.

I can't speak for the UI or performance issues people seem to be talking about; I've never used Vessel myself.

Personally, I would rather wait a week for content than have to deal with YouTube-level ads. And like I saw someone else say in this thread (can't remember who, sorry); seriously, it's only a week, grow up.

The UI is shitty, on typical web pages it looks like it's meant for android, but besides that it's not terrible, just it isn't good, I think it is a vocal minority, but it's annoying to wait a week, it's not the end of the fucking world

I just like the idea that someone is setting themselves up to compete with youtube. I'm trying to move away from as much of google's tendrils as possible. If I can help stop feeding the beast, as benevolent as it has been, I'll try to do that.

I haven't had any problems with it yet either, and I don't think the UI is so horrible.

His info is solid. But, i understand each person has their reasons. We have several channels that are neglected. One of our goals is to make enough to hire a couple more people to be on camera for the other channels and shows. Once we get situated we will segment the content more. I won't be in every video, Qain won't, etc.

Qain is also invaluable when it comes to networking. Wendell yields to his opinions here.

2 Likes

Off topic

Maybe some networking videos from @DeusQain?

I would like to see more segmentation like LTT, I want to see the tek syndicate shenanigans, that seems like something that would be cool.