Versions Backup Client | Devember log

:man_judge: I’ll allow it.

So long as you blog about it. I can understand not posting proprietary work info.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re all pretty proprietary. Most of the data doesn’t leave the VPN. I can talk generally about it.

Day 7

Yeah, I’ve been awol for a bit. I’ve given up a bit on fucking around with data storage. I’ll be handling this later, but for the time being, I’ve shifted over to writing data storage for Chunks in Shards. I wrote the create, read and update methods, as well as the initialization and control methods now.

On the 9th, I’ll be writing methods for handling metadata storage. (put delete journal design) I’ll spend a lot of time discussing the journal when I get the time, because I find it fascinating, mostly because I’m obsessed with optimizing data storage methods for write efficiency.

I’ll be writing a bit about the terraform stuff either today or Monday. I’m on a roll when it comes to writing code right now, so I don’t want to lose that momentum, but I did want to get day 7 out.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! Of course I am picturing automated terraforming machines rolling over domestic or alien landscapes.

1 Like

Try terraform.io

1 Like

Ah, not quite what I had imagined.

1 Like