Verizon Wireless Cutting Customers off unlimited

I have the verizon unilimited data plan with 7 phones. If we lose unlimited I am going to cry. This is ridiculous. How do some companies not do this, while the bigger ones do. I have 100mb/s broadband and it doesnt do this. Albeit it is a smaller company. All hail Wide Open West.

Serious question to rural freedomland folks, what alternatives even exist in those areas?

For phone service? Plenty of mom and pa phone companies exsist. Only problem with them is that service sucks part their general area. Even then you can get service from most phone companies no problem

Internet wise. Youre boned if AT&T leaves thoughs unless you want to want to tether that 30GB data plan. Does not help that most schools are moving more and more towards online work.

Where I live we have Spectrum(Time Warner) or a local (covers a few towns) ISP who from what I understand is running on top of Spectrum’s infrastructure and contractually prohibited from offering comparable internet speeds. The local ISP offers a maximum of 1M upload, which for someone who telecommutes regularly is just not viable. Neither of these providers offer service to anyone outside the city limits. Rural America kinda gets screwed for infrastructure.

2 Likes