Vega Strix 56 Thermal pad

Hello all. I think my Asus Vega 56 Strix may have the poor thermal pad placement issue. I can’t quite tell though. I need a second opinion. Other thermal pads may not be visible.

Looks alright to me.

1 Like

Yeah nothing to worry about.

The screen has been flickering lately and I’ve had several unexpected crashes. AMD catalyst resets settings on occasion too. It was fine using undervolt settings up till now.

The pad really doesn’t look crooked at all?

Reset the card to it’s default and report back.

I’m still seeing occasional flickers while idle. Doesn’t matter what refresh rate I set it at. Disabled Radeon anti-lag and re-enabled my override application settings. I noticed they got reset again after the last driver update. I think it is either down the DisplayPort cable or the video card at this point.

very well might be it

back when I had my Roku TV the overlay like when you change channels or change volume would cause the screen to flicker when I had it attached to my PC, I think it only did it at certain loads and resolutions

something else I’ve encountered was Monitors and TVs not playing nice with GPUs, this had something to do with the Refresh rate and the non standard way the Monitor implemented it

Well it is for sure a good monitor. Flicked on my previous monitor too. So my guess is, bad DP or bad port. I will report back

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.