Vega 64 Strange Behavior

give me a few gotta do a bit of google foo to see if anything has changed since flashing R9 290’s .

Okay, thanks!

Don’t think the Vega can be flashed with anything but original roms.

please read and follow along and as per usual do this at your own risk sorta thing.

http://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd-ati/1633446-preliminary-view-amd-vega-bios.html

UPDATE: It turns out that overclocking my RAM was causing me issues. If I remove my RAM overclock and ran my CPU overclocked and had no crashing issues when trying to play Witcher 3 as before. I supposed my RAM kit just does not agree with this motherboard.

1 Like

Guess I should have written all them thoughts, but then I did not as its 3000hertz kit
But regarding that Witcher 3, with last stability ticks it takes couple hours to crash, while Warframe will do it in I’d say 20mins, and it kinda scales with that ratio

I can help you sort that shit though

None of these settings change, so if you dont have these tbh autistic traits, you could copy those current working ones to on top of 3000MHz XMP profile

That’ll be good starting point from where you can work on the other settings

1. tRAS, tRC, tRFC, tCWL to maximum
  2. Find stable tCL-tRP lineup, like 16-18-18-18
  3. Pull tRAS down
  4. Pull tRC down to be tRP+tRAS. for example 18+36 would be 54
    Then if thats unstable, rise tRAS & tRC both by +1
  5. tCWL down
  6. Lastly, tRFC down as low as it goes, it’ll take some time to find out, its literally going to behave like GPU overclocking

Then regarding voltages, if you want to touch them for example because you cant get 16-18-18-18 to be stable

Ram, max 1.5v, havent had reason to go past 1.4375v, and 1.51v did not boot
Thats like CPU overclocking, its the same, except its within one tick if it even boots vs. if its stable

SoC, max 1.2v, havent had reason to go past 1.14375v
That may ease up ram voltage and correct some weirdness

vddp, no idea about max, but 0.01v too low crashed Warframe
did not notice it to affect ram or soc or my cpu

cldo_vddp, supposedly thats easying up SoC voltage but I dont have that setting

My 3200 kit is currently set to SoC 0.95v, RAM 1.345v, vddp 0.81v

I have done topic about this mess, but doing it again helps, myself

Update: I went ahead an grabbed a BRAND NEW Corsair CX750m PSU today and the crashing still persists. This almost certainly tells me that my motherboard is having issues. I might need to RMA the board. I literally cannot mess with voltages at all on this board or it is REALLY unstable.

Update(2): After receiving the new kit of RAM, everything is running GREAT! I am no longer experiencing crashes and I was even able to get my RAM above its stock speed of 3000–ultimately achieving 3200 speeds stable! Now I just have to decide if I still want to RMA the board I have or try to quickly cancel the order I made for the replacement motherboard online. I currently have the Aorus Gaming 5, but I have the AsRock X370 Killer sli/ac ordered. What do you guys think about this? If I return the board I have now, then I get $20 back in my favor. I think that the AsRock board will compliment the aesthetic of my Limited Edition Vega 64 better than the current board I have.