Vault 7 (wikileaks data dump)

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
looks to be mostly about us government hacking and back doors. was released a few hours ago. sorry this isnt a fallout mod.

9 Likes

Who's paranoid now?

6 Likes
4 Likes

Honestly - did we with all that we know - honestly expect that a highly motivated and overly well funded entity can not break into anything they want? Every kind of security is just a mater of time and dedication. No mater weather it may be physical or digital.

Oh and be sure if the US has it, the Russians, China and all the others have it too. that is why keeping 0-days "secret" is a bad idea right away

2 Likes

We presumed as much, but now it's all confirmed. And honestly some of it is worse than we thought.

4 Likes

RUSSIAN HACwait, what? Nooo. Can't be. Where did this information come from? From RUSSIAN HACKERS, obviously.

2 Likes

Definitely time to change passwords. Even though this is only a 4th of what they actually have and it's not even current.

Now every neckbeard and wannabe hacker is going to be downloading and spreading this shit all over the place.

Just more proof that backdoors are a bad idea and the chaos that's coming from this being public will probably be ignored.

If it realy came from russian hacker - well realy bad for the CIA - a insider - or as stated a external contractor (once again) would be way less disgraceful than an external infiltration of a supposedly separated network .

Stop thinking and start blaming Russians already! =)

2 Likes

I dont have to - the US crybaby in chief will sooner or later do it - if Putin allows him to XD :P

1 Like

Lol just made a topic, and was surprised I hadn't found one yet... derp.

But anyways, keep it civil.

2 Likes

That won't stop anything.

4 Likes

"change passwords"

meanwhile at NSA HQ

*That being said changing passwords every once in a while never hurts (though in this case it doesn't matter at all)

14 Likes

I'm not talking about stopping the NSa I'm talking about all the average joes that are going to start using this software now that it's aavailable.

What did it contain? I thought wikileaks only publishes (in most cases) documents.

I highly doubt they'd willingly distribute malware. It's very counter to their mission.

hot take: the CIA's meme game is stale As fuck, and they're naming their malware after them

3 Likes

Just had a proper look through it, this could be bigger than snowden.

1 Like

For all who think linux is secured their moment of truth is here, there is no such thing. I personally switched to linux because it doesn't slow down as windows ridiculously does. But I know there can't be any real privacy online.

Not sure if this is depressing or hilarious.

Good. Maybe this will get people off snowden's back. Also, I hope they never find the one who leaked this shit. This is part of the process of freedom.

Linux is definitely more so than Windows, but it's definitely not completely secured. That would require an airgapped system at the least. Why do you think critical DoD systems are so often airgapped?

2 Likes

The CIA also runs a very substantial effort to infect and control Microsoft Windows users with its malware. This includes multiple local and remote weaponized "zero days", air gap jumping viruses such as "Hammer Drill" which infects software distributed on CD/DVDs, infectors for removable media such as USBs, systems to hide data in images or in covert disk areas ( "Brutal Kangaroo") and to keep its malware infestations going.

Air gaps aren't helpful either it seems.