Using own code at work: should I keep the license of the original code?

Good luck with resolving the legality in the use of your code. Sounds like a pain in the ass, and I hope I never have to go through anything like this.

Fair lol

1 Like

Those generic employment contracts with everything under the sun blanket written in usually don’t hold up in court when it comes to pass. They are like a EULA in this case. Of course, through company pressure and the fear of having to take on a court case and associated costs there an effective way of a company scaring an employee and said company guarding their ‘claimed’ IP.

Im not saying they don’t have teeth… but not every contract is realistically enforceable and not every country values them the same.

So yea, loose lips sink scripts :wink:

@redgek maybe now is the time to start planning going freelance ?

2 Likes

I know what you mean.

Just wanted to clarify that this is not the meaning I was aiming for. I meant “good” contracts :slight_smile: And “generic” was maybe not the best choice for my purpose. I meant contracts that covers usual employment/B2B services. Not custom negotiated contract by an expert that have a position on the employment market that can negotiate some additional gains for him self (e.g. participation in company earnings, getting full copyrights back in if the company decide to not sell the product for any reason).

1 Like