USB stick image writer for android?

Simple thing, I want basically Etcher but for android. I have a crap load of OTG’s to use and lose, so I figure if I’m going out on a system rescue call I’dxrather just plug a usb into my phone to write an emergency boot disk, rather than lug around a laptop.

If anyone knows of one thats FOSS, even better!

1 Like

That would be neat… Etcher is Java right? Shouldn’t it run on Android, other than nobody’s packaged it for the platform?

No clue. Its an electron app I think.

did you even look?

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.depau.etchdroid/

1 Like

Bit rude, no? Aremis was simply asking for help. No need to be a cunt about it.

1 Like

I suppose it would be good for others should they not know… but I literally just searched myself. A cursory search would have yielded similar results for him. I dont feel like this is a thread that needed to exist. Especially under ‘community blog’. Take some time to do a little looking for yourself and maybe post your findings instead of asking the community to do the easy stuff for you.

No need to be a cunt about it though :wink:

1 Like

Its Adubs, he has to be a jerk about it.

1 Like

Sometimes I don’t know how to search for things, like how to describe it. I wouldn’t think to just search BalenaEtcher for android, and I actually have and THAT didn’t pop up.

Thank you

Don’t be a fucking asshat

1 Like

Honestly, he wasn’t being much of an asshat in this case.
A simple search likely would of yielded similar results.

The two examples below would be my findings.

Google

Startpage

Anyways, enough of that, it seems you have found what you are looking for. I’ve marked Adubs’ post as the solution, feel free to uncheck it if you disagree.

1 Like

I wasn’t even being a jerk about it until I got called a cunt and now a fucking asshat. Thanks for the name calling. Totally called for.