USB 3 Add-in card

I need an add-in USB 3 card, I got too many damn USB products. Amazon.com: PCI-E to USB 3.0 7-Port(2X USB-C - 5X USB-A ) Expansion Card ,PCI Express USB Add in Card , Internal USB3 Hub Converter for Desktop PC Host Card Support Windows 10/8/7/XP and MAC OS 10.8.2 Above : Electronics

I found that one and it seems pretty for the price. I had a thought though, I have a Corsair 4000d case that has a USB-C connector on the front, but my mobo doesn’t have a connector for it.

Are there any of these add-in cards that have a connector for the front panel USB-C? I haven’t found one yet, but I could be looking for the wrong search terms.

Amazon.com: Ableconn PEX-UB152 USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) 2-Port Type-C Internal 20Pin Key-A Header PCI Express (PCIe) x4 Host Adapter Card (ASMedia ASM2142 Chipset) : Electronics

Something like that, but with external USB-A and USB-C ports.

I haven’t seen any cards with both internal and external connectors, but you could always use an adapter like this to make use of the USB-C port if you have a spare 3.0 header

Thanks for the suggestion, but my board only has 1 3.0 port on it as well. That MSI Tomahawk MAX B450 is severely over-rated when it came out.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.