USA postal office out of pocket for $3.5 million

The US Postal Service has been ordered to pay $3.5m (£2.6m) for copyright infringement after mistakenly using the wrong Statue of Liberty on a stamp.

BBC link

I’m noticing you are pasting the first part of the article, do you yourself have anything to add to this topic?

4. Off-topic/low-effort Posts May be Moved or Removed.
This is a forum and not an instant messaging service. Keep off-topic chat to the Forum Lounge or the Discord Lounge

3 Likes

I have but I am not sure if any one would want to read a 2,500 to 3,500 word essay on this subject seeing most of my degree is in copyright and I used to work in a law and IP and patent offices and companies at different times of my life.

Not sure how they failed at this because due to content all work would be carried out in house and every step is review and review again with complete paper trail.

This is done because any abnormally or mistakes done on stamps make them very sort/rare/expensive/rare and above all very embarrassing when things go wrong. ~ if any left that not been used could be worth some money

Mark

wonder if Leonard French going to cover this story in his copy right/law show he does weekly or even a one off YouTube video?

Mark