[Urgent] I need to know a model of either an Epson or Brother printer that just works in Linux

Title says all. Specifically: Antergos. I have had a hell of a time with HP and even, yes, a brother printer.

Errr an HP, every HP printer has worked flawlessly for me with many different distros over the years. The HPLIP Toolbox has always worked to the point I really don't have to think about printers just so long as it's an HP. I'm sure other printers will work, I mean this isn't rocket surgery and we are not in the 1990's. It's a blooming printer, it should just work. The fact you are having trouble leads me to think it's something else.

2 Likes

usually if weird drivers are required there is usually something on the AUR that will be the solution.

Yeah, I had trouble with that before with the Brother printer (using the AUR). I guess I will just stand there with my phone and do research by model number in the store.

See the issue, is that most printers employ CUPS, so they should all work with linux. I haven't had brother printers personally, but I have an HP and Samsung printer working just fine. Both work on Ubuntu as well as Arch.

Got a Lexmark mx310dn. It does not have wireless. Plugged in to router with ethernet cord. Installed as a generic printer through normal GUI in Antergos. Input its ip address. Done. Works. Fuck wireless printing. Thank you every one who tried to help.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaand nevermind. Doesn't work on a family members laptop. For fucks sake. What a shit day. Even shittier that something like a printer can ruin my day.