Urgent help needed to recover photos on ssd

If this data is really important, I highly recommend you stop everything now and find a company that specializes in data recovery on SSDs. This will cost money.

The problem as I see it is that because of your lack of knowledge you are much more likely to do something that will make it totally unrecoverable. This chance is increased because I believe that you may be using words incorrectly which would cause people to give you faulty information which further increases your chance of ruining the data.

Hopefully the data wasn't too important and you can take this as a reminder to back up all your data at all times to prevent accidents like this in the future.

I really wish you the best of luck, I just believe that the current situation won't resolve successfully.

Apologies for the multiple posts. This is the second time I've overwritten my SSD - I know -_-

I managed to recover some of the images by using photorec on my compact flash card. The rest, I can do without. I need to start backing up more regularly onto an external hard drive as well as the cloud.

Thanks for the time mate.

Glad you got something worked out that you could be happy with!
May I recommend to you something like this:
Synology DS214se
Perhaps it would be something worth saving for. You could use something like this and mount the network storage as a Drive on your computers and even phones to some degree. Its redundant, power efficient, its easily accessible, easy to setup and user friendly...