Upgrading R7 1700 to Ryzen 3xxx

I just need to say this before I get to it. Mistery for the love of my sanity go be an engineer :wink: you care about little details enough that you could easily survive the schooling. It might drive you insane like me but ehh we are all insane haha

Source: I’m an engineer :joy:

Yeah this math checks out since it pulls 200-300 watts of electricity under overclockers load. The difference between the fitty and non fitty isn’t enough to care about.

I think it’s a great idea to have good power delivery to unlock the full boost potential but it’s seriously not required because if you don’t need more power why be bothered about it? Buy within the budget even if it means sacrificing some quality is my advice. Just don’t make dumb decisions like a stupid high end graphics card and CPU on a super basic board… any mid-range will do OP :wink:

1 Like

Yup i should likely design my own motherboards. :woman_scientist:

I’ll reply in the lounge lol

I would buy one. :smiley:

1 Like

From Anandtech

If your overclocking the chip too 180W-200W not AMPS. How much more performance are you getting ? With what cooling.

The article is here with benchmarks,
https://www.anandtech.com/show/15043/the-amd-ryzen-9-3950x-review-16-cores-on-7nm-with-pcie-40