Upgrading my rig

i'm still in school and i've got money lying around, what better to do than upgrade my pc eh?

i was thinking about getting a new case/ some quieter fans, as its quite noisy, but im also thinking about upgrading my GPU and PSU at some point, any ideas on what would be the best idea? case and fans is just for comfort, if i could get some decent results from say a GTX 660 Ti, would that be worth it? uses from hosting servers (small scale), gaming and rendering, and contributions would be great. - and is overclocking worth the hassle? (think i can get 4.60 tops safely.

InWIN MANA-136 BLACK GAMING CASE

AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)

ASUS® M5A99X EVO (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX/SLI)

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

COOLIT ECO II FAT BOY PUSH/PULL CONFIG LIQUID CPU COOLER

1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti&nbsp;</p><p>1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN

128GB SAMSUNG 830 SERIES

450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Don't you know your supposed to space out your code in HTML?

Jokes aside, that motherboard isnt going to be running SLI / Crossfire at 16x 16x (It runs at x8 x8) so maybe thats not the best way to go. If you was to upgrade your graphics card then you would see a preformance increase if you went to a GTX 660 (maybe even a 6 series TI ?!) but if your not using physix or cuda, go for a radeon, the 7950/7970 i belive is the king for price/preformance otherwise go with 7870 if you cannot aford one of them.

Before you can do that, an upgrade in PSU is a good idea or needed for dual graphics cards. get a ~700w psu. i have a 750w OCZ fully modular that was £80.

But for instant preformance increase a small SSD for your OS and requently used files would be great. Take a look at 128 varients as i think they are the best for price/space/speed. Try to get one that comes with a warrenty and take a look at cruical, kingston, ocz and samsung SSD's. look for 500 r/w and random values over 35k/65k.

yeah sorry about the code, it was stuck posting, and it changes to html when doing that, so i copy and pasted it, before it said connection lost, sorry i kinda thought it would work itself out...