Intel Core i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz stock cooling
Installed memory RAM: 8.00 GB by CORSAIR
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B85M-DS3H-A
LEPA N500 powersupply
SSD 240GB Patriot
Cooler Master HAF 932 Full tower
Monitor: 27 inch imac using display to mini display port adapter 2560x1440
Sounds: s.m.s.l sa-50 amplifier with FLUANCE SX6 High Definition Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeakers

I want to upgrade it a little now and a little bit more during black Friday/cyber Monday.
Eventually I'll need it to run two monitors, but that's not as important as keeping overwatch over 120 fps. The problem is I run multiple programs at a time and don't like having to shut them to play Overwatch. Clearly a CPU would help that, but I just wanted more thoughts on my build in general and if you could direct me to a CPU.

Again any advice on upgrading my build would be greatly appreciated.

I5 4460, 240GB SSD, I don't like the PSU, so something 500W like Seasonic 520 will be nice... For that price if you sell your old stuff you may get a freesync monitor as well and at that point the framerate will be pretty much non issue. Gameplay will be smoother, input lag will be gone...

3 Likes

This is exactly the advice I was looking for. Thank you
I forgot and fixed the part of me forgetting to put my storage up. (patriot 240GB SSD)

Sounds like, for your normal use case, you need more RAM. Maybe go through your OS and files to delete/turn off anything trying to grab you attention, as that might solve you problem as well.