Upgrade fromX370 to X570 motherboard for AMD 3900x. Is it worth it?

Hello everyone,

Good day. I will like to read your opinions and hopefully help this humble normie :thinking: . Is it worth it to upgrade from a X370 to X570 motherboard? Let me give you more info below.

My current setup is a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU with Asus Crosshair VI Hero with 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz. I have updated to latest bios for ryzen 3000. Ryzen 9 3900x was available in my country for limited time, so I purchased it. Hopefully it arrives next week :partying_face:.

Linux Gaming is my primary focus. I use a lot of IO devices, like gaming controllers, VR, joystick, DAC and other stuff. Other uses are software developing and everyday normie stuff (calc/excel).

I appreciate your comments. Regards. :hugs:

I would say you don’t need to unless you plan to upgrade to PCIe 4.0 devices in the near future.

The Crosshair VI Hero was one of the better X370 boards in term of power delivery, so it should handle a 3900X just fine. So in terms of power there’s no real reason.

And X570 seems to have some teething issues on Linux, and the on board fan is less than great.

1 Like

Is that a thing?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.