Upgrade: $600 Budget (wall of text anyone?)

It's been a couple years since I last upgraded my slowly decaying computer. Some of the components are approaching their 5th birthday! So, it's about time I buckled down and cleaned out my PC's interior for shiny new parts! As stated in the title I have a fairly small budget of $600, which really doesn't leave much wiggle room.

I already have some of the necessary parts such as, a case, plenty of 7200 rpm HDD's, a 750W 80+ PSU and a R/W Dvd reader.

What I'm looking for: An overclock-able (preferably unlocked) at least Quad core CPU, an ATX MB with plenty of slots for future expansion, 6-8GB of DDR3 Ram, a nice fast video card with at least 1.5 GB of GDDR5, and of course, a good after market CPU cooler.

My case is a mid tower, but has room for a top mounted dual 120mm Radiator or a side mounted double thick one. (I didn't know how to express the second one, H80 for reference)

I've been looking at a few different things and really can't decide. I haven't even decided Intel vs. AMD (I am not biased, whichever gives me more bang for my buck).

Possibilities? (what I have been thinking about). An AMD FX-8150 CPU, a Gigabyte-990FXA-UD3 MB,  Asus 7870 2GB GHz edition Video card, some Kingston HyperX 8GB. ($554.94 as of 9/15/2012 extra $50 for improvements, still need a cooler)

Needs to be built for gaming and video/graphics editing.

So thanks for taking the time to read, be awesome if anyone could throw some suggestions at me.

Wall of text ends here :D

P.S. New to this forum, flame me if this is in the wrong section.

For the money you are probably better of with this, however if you cheap out on a motherboard you could get a comparable price for an Intel I5 3570K. I don't know the prices in the US but in Europe I'm paying about the same amount in numbers with a euro stuck at the end of it, which makes everything around 20-30% more expensive for me.

Personally, I would suggest to go with Intel, and maybe cheap out a little on the motherboard (eg. AsRock, they make great bang for the buck boards).

For your budget, I wouldn't really go for a liquid solution, but rather air. Will be cheaper and you will be able to spend more on a better GPU or CPU. You can always upgrade it in the future if you want.

CPU/Heatsink

Mobo/Ram

GPU GTX 650 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 6000Mhz effective