[Updated] New 'Star Trek: Discovery' TV series Coming in 2017

I don't know if this has been posted here, I was not going to go through the entire thing but there is a fan based set of episodes that was really well done.

If you need a Star Trek fix in the mean time: http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html

I watched them years ago. I think episodes 7,8 are new... I only remember watching 1-6.

I've not watched all of them, but I have seen much of it. To be expected, at first I was put off because it's not the same actors, but the same characters. Once you get past that, it's really amazing just how similar it is to TOS, and yea, it's just as good and IMO better in some ways to TOS. But then, I am admittedly not the biggest fan of TOS to begin with, so I may be biased lol. It has it's moments... love the TOS Movies though! ... Except for V of course.

1 Like

I started with TNG when I was about 14... it still is my favorite. I watched them all except DS9, I have to go back to watch those because it is supposed to be really good.

I put it off because I watched 30% of DS9, but not all the way through.

If I were you I would choose my next words wisely...

Kidding! DS9 Trek iz best Trek by a mile! And if you do watch it and dissagree, let me proactively inform you that I will be discarding your "so called" opinion to the reclamation unit.

2 Likes

I don't think that will fly... the sentimental value of TNG is too strong. =D

I will be giving DS9 a run through... just needs so much time. I want to do it chronologically.

@imaximus I think the reason I liked TNG so much is that the plot was so well rounded (at least, I remember it that way). It was one of the first series that hit me as a complete story line through multiple seasons: one super long movie type deal.

SG-9 got really good when the they gave up all the feel good stuff and had the great War with the Dominion!
Sisko made a good baddass:)

Only one who came close to Kirk was Capt. John Sheriden after he grew the beard.

Janeway made me look for the mute button

SG-9

This ain't Stargate, dude. ;) Though that was another VERY underappreciated TV series.

Capt. John Sheriden

You mean Captain John Harriman of the Enterprise B? :P

1 Like

Wounder how the will cover up the fact that the immortal Q is getting old:)

Stargate was great for actors on canceled sci-fi shows to at least keep there health care:)
cough, Farscape, cough:)

Thoughts?

Mine are... not great. @wendell back be up man. This trailer makes me sad. Maybe the writing will be good...

Why the fuck is there so much lens flare? Where is the "Discovery" part? I don't have high hopes for this show.

Seth McFarlane s thing looks better tbh

3 Likes

ST is dead. Let it go

Yeah, this doesn't have that Star Trek atmosphere.

Still going to watch it, better than no ST

I had just come here to mention that same thing.

1 Like

sigh yea me too.... one way or the other.