*UPDATED*I will ("NEVER"- reconsidering ) buy an ASRock product again

To my knowledge, ASRock used to be Asus’ lower level economical brand that was used for larger builders. Then Asus wanted to promote itself back into that market so ASRock was unbridled to compete at all levels against Asus. Asus was ASRock’s parent company and may still be.

1 Like

201801-1

mmm pure sex

1 Like

My Asrock Z270 Supercarrier hasn’t missed a step. This is my first Asrock board and I’ve not tried to overclock it yet.

But I’m guessing that comparing my experience to yours is apples to oranges. Not to mention that I’m using a flagship board with custom water cooling on the CPU and GPU, not to mention Trident Z memory thanks to @MisteryAngel’s recommendation.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

3 Likes

My ASRock X370 (latest board) is working flawlessly. Ryzen 1700 OC to 3.7. I cannot get the new ram I have in the build now to 3200 but 2933 at tighter timings so all good. I changed out the original 8Gb kit to a 16GB RGB kit. Same timings and ram as my Threadripper build, but 16GB sticks in Threadripper. The 8GB kit was AIDA 64 stable at 3200.

My point why I was pissed at Asrock, is that with the issues I was having they were still denying my MIR. It was a rant against the companies practice and not necessarily the tech. I have had issues with Asus and nvidia (EVGA) but had much better customer service results. ASRock has came good now, but it never should have needed to go to the Service Director of ASRock Canada’s desk for resolution.

1 Like

It’s actually MSI.

I haven’t been super pleased with ASUS recently so I avoid then, the other brands I haven’t used enough to really have an opinion.

Oh I understand completely.

Issues are to be expected in tech, but service should be unquestionable.

I have NEVER had an issue with EVGA’s customer support. They responded to an email within 15 minutes at like 7pm on a Saturday for me. I was sending in my 1080 for a 1080ti (the step-up program where you send in a new card for a newly released card and pay the difference). I was emailing them to get the tracking number on the new card.

While I shouldn’t have had to email them to get the tracking number, their response time makes up for it.

In the past, I sent in a GTX 660 FTW edition because I was having weird issues where every other startup resulted in severe framelag (even the windows 7 loading screen with audio) and HORRIFYING audio distortion.

They got the card, asked me for a description of my components, then tested the card and said the problem was my Seasonic 750w 80+gold PSU not delivering stable voltages to the GPU.

Then they sent me a brand new, sealed-in-the-box GTX 660 anyways.

I once emailed Noctua asking where I could buy intel LGA 1150 mounting hardware because I had lost the bits that came with my cooler, and they simply responded “can we have your address to send it to you for free?”

And within a week it was at my doorstep.

Shit like this, is what makes a price premium worth it.

3 Likes

ASRock was spun off ASUS in the early 2000’s. It’s now a subsidiary of Pegatron (another spin off from ASUS).

I did a B350 Pro Carbon build with a Ryzen 1600. I really liked that board. I would use that board for any future Ryzen 1600 builds. Felt and looked very well constructed. Looked great also. I was not crazy about the UEFI, but that is most likely due to inexperience with it. I would definitely look at other MSI boards in the future.

For a Threadripper 1950X I would never get anything other than an Asus Zenith Extreme, currently. YMMV.

Well all i can say is, if you really think that Asrock’s customer support is really that bad and worse then other brands.
Then i might bust your bubble, Customer supports on other brands kinda suck as well at times.
That the rebate didnt went well is of course unfortunate.
But remember you arent to only customer who send in boards for rma´s.
Their MiR team is still going to check you mir thing.

Asrock semi to highend boards are really decent.
But of course its still all electric components that could fail for whatever reason.
They made a nice apology and send you a replacement board.
In my opinion that isnt too bad.

I have had way worse experiance with customer support from other brands really.

What do you doubt? With the amount of money I spent, that was almost 10% back. Most major credit cards offer that, as well as retail stores. Why wouldn’t PC component vendors?

Or do you just regularly go around calling people liars because they don’t fit your narrative?

1 Like

Which is why I changed the title and am reconsidering. To get a reply from someone with clout, makes one feel better.

1 Like

Well of course if you lost faith in a certain brand,
then there is nothing wrong with buying from any one else in the future.
But customer supports on large hardware brands are of course very busy.
And inconvenient mistakes could allways occure.
In the end all what matters is that the brand just solves your problem in a proper way.

No matter if the brand is Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus, or Msi.
Inconvenient errors with customer support could allways happen.

Guess I’m still brand loyal then to some degree. LOL

fwiw I’ve done so many rebates in my life that it takes me about 5 minutes per rebate

Just got 3 in last week totaling $50.

I’ve also had an issue when I built with an ASRock B350M Pro4. Freezing issues. Seems like the more recent batches have been pretty bad. Swapped it out with a MSI B350M Gaming Pro and all has been good.

Still willing to buy from them, just gotta do a bit more research on the product imo.

I have a ASRock AB350M Pro4 as well and its been solid minus shitty ram OC options IMO, but running ddr4 from x99 time so its shit for ryzen anyway.

I also have 4 other Asrock boards and 1 Asus in my house. I like the Asus the least but pretty sure thats an X99 issue not really an asus one.

i bought asrock’s h270 mobo a few months back and the wifi card was funky when i got it so i RMA it a month later to get nothing sent to me. This was september 18th i regret straying from evga and their godly support (had a cheap ass mouse die rma took like a week to get another to me)

Maybe , my opinion would be different if I needed rma or more support from Asrock but but I have a pair of amd based mb’s ( one a 6100 and the other 1700x ) they work as expected. I generally shun mail in rebates as they are rarely worth the hassle to save 10 or 20 dollars.

Well it of course also depends on what you expect from a motherboard,
you boaght at a certain price point.
Decent quality simplly costs money, and cheap boards are cheap for a reason.
This pretty much counts for every brand out there.
I personally dont really expect very much from a board that is less then $100,-

1 Like