[Updated] Gaming PC

I am upgrading my computer, I have a Acer Aspire X3990. I am buying a new case, Motherboard and RAM. The PSU is only 230W so i am not sure if i have to buy a new one. I have 350$ budget, could maybe go higher. 

Current specs

CPU: Intel i5 2320

GPU: NVidia GT 530

Motherboard: Acer Aspire X3990 (its custom made for this model)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 665 MHz

PSU: 230W Acer Aspire X3990 (again, its custom made for my model)

Is there something else i should upgrade (like the Graphics card)? I can run some games in 1080p but most are 720p.

So my mom decied to buy my computer, so now I am going to build a new PC. New buget is 1200$, I might go higher if needed. I live in Norway so i can't find every type of part here (like Mushkins memory), the price is also a bit higher (550$ is about 650$), This computer is going to be used mainly for gaming, no redering or editing. 

Update: AMD or Intel? Thinking about going with AMD both CPU and GPU (want to have a dedicated GPU) beacause they are cheaper and I am not going to be using CPU intetensive programs. 

Current plan

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7970

RAM: 1600MHz 2x4GB (not branded yet)

Motherboard: Asus or ASrock 

PSU: 80+ Sliver 650W (not branded yet)

Case: Scout II

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM. 128 GB ?OCZ Vertex 4? 

You could reuse the cpu, but I would replace everything else.

• Z77 motherboard
  • 80 Plus certified PSU (500+ watts)
  • 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
  • Budget Case
  • New GPU (maybe a 7850?)

Should be able to keep that around $350

Was thinking of the 7850 or a 7750. A friend of said you can't reuse the cpu, but that is then wrong? Also i live in Norway so the prices are  higher here, is the ValueR from Kingston a good choise?

Intel i5 2320 is Sandy Bridge and socket 1155. A Z77 mobo supports both Sandy and Ivy Bridge. Kingston is a good brand but look into getting something better than ValueRam since memory is so cheap. 2x4gb 1600mhz 1.5v ram is less than $40 here.

I've had DDR2 Kingston Value RAM and it's as fast as higher priced ones, I don't know how high you can overclock ddr3 without a heatsink. Can you please tell us how much the whole deal will cost in the end?

I can only get a hold of Corsair, Crucial and Kingston.  What about the "Crucial BallistiX 1600 2x4GB CL9"?

Not really thinking of overclocking. 

Sure I'll tell how much it ends up at.

My mom decieded to buy my computer, so now i am going to build a new coumputer. Will update the budget later

CURRENT BUDGET: 1000$