Update on RX 5700XT vs RTX 2070

So i asked the same reddit (on another account) if i should change from 5700 XT to 2070. I asked this because i was experiencing Load/Performance issues.

Now I am making this update to advise other 5700XT users experiencing the same problem or just for anyone interested.

Someone said the RX 5700 XT is more similar to a 2080 and 2070 is worse (wich is true) and i provided my GPU load percentages/What performance issues i were experiencing. In the end of the day we came to the conclution that it may not be any issue and the card is just not running at a high load when at lower graphics etc.

Anyhow 2 days later i bought the 2070 and my plan was to return the card if it was performing worse with than my 5700 XT i would try to return the card

I am not sure I get what you are saying?
Did you return the card?

I had a RX 5700 card, and there where some problems with it. Some where the driver, but ultimately it died on me. I really wanted it to succeed, since I want AMD to succeed, but I just keep getting AMD cards that are faulty.

There is a lot of power in those RX cards, but if you are not ready to accept that there could be things that doesn’t work well, or at all using these cards, then I would recommend a “RTX 2070 Super” instead. or wait for the new models to be released.

I personally ended up with a “RTX 2070 Super” card, after owning a faulty, R9 390x, RX 580 and RX 5700 card.

What do you plan to do with your card?

Not all of the AMD cards are created equal unfortunately. Which one do you have?

1 Like

Did you ask me?

I was asking OP.

:ok_hand:

Out of curiousity which hardware manufacturer of AMD are you on? If its XFX… That explains things…

MSI borked their 5700XTs on the first release but fixed it with subsequent hardware revision.

Sapphire seems to have the best quality. Gigabyte, second.

1 Like

These are the cards I owned:

Radeon R9 390X GAMING 8G
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Power Color Red Devil RX 5700

Did you already return the card?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.