[Update 2] "Futureware" Build Log (Warning, lots of photos)

Hey guys,

This is the build log for my newest build "Futureware" as planned in the "Build a pc" forum section. Because the plans are final and I've started collecting parts, I'm moving operations to this thread.

First, I'm going to start with the hardware planned (basically the same as the previous post):
Here is the new specs, as well as purchased items
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU | Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor | Purchased for $224.99
CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Purchased For $55.99
Motherboard | Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | Purchased For $214.99
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | Purchased For $76.49
Storage | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | Purchased For $159.99
Video Card | Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Tri-X Video Card | Purchased for $542.32
Case | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Purchased for $94.98
Power supply | SeaSonic Snow Silent 750 | Purchased For $147.29
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit) | Purchased For $45.00
Case Fan | Cougar CFD14HBW 73.2 CFM 140mm Fan x3 | Purchased For $47.67
Case Fan | Cougar CFD12HBW 64.4 CFM 120mm Fan x2 | Purchased for $30.64
Cable Extentions | DazMode White Sleeved Extentions x5 | Purchased for $42

Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total | $1681.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-17 14:45 EDT-0400

Second, here is the first batch of photos. This includes the 140mm fans, SSD, memory, motherboard, and the power supply.

Finally, the next set of pictures that will come are the GPU, CPU cooler. Hopefully I'll have the case and CPU shortly after the 24th.

1 Like

Love the aesthetics of that board!

1 Like

That board looks fucking sweet. Good luck with the build.

1 Like

So, I've decided to use white vinyl to customize the color of various parts on this build. I'll be cutting custom pieces for the red in the motherboard (sorry guys who liked the red) and the yellow in the GPU (I'll snap pics once it arrives).

I'm also thinking of coloring the vinyl black and applying it to the memory heat sink. Not to sure about that though. Let me know if you think that is a good idea.

I should be able to do a photo-op with the AIO watercooler and the GPU tomorrow.

Nice choice of components!

One question though. Is it your camera + the light or has the plug on your power supply (the specific plug is called "KaltgerƤtestecker" in German, don't know the english name) a terribly yellow tinge to it?

You better post pics of this build once it is finished, I love black and white builds. They are probably my favorites of all time.

It's just the lighting. I used a white LED light and two (obviously) very warm fluorescent light bulbs. You can actually see the reflection of the LEDs in the first image and a bulb in the first Maximus VIII Hero image.

Don't worry, there isn't a terrible yellow tinge to it.

Don't worry :D In due time, you'll be able to see it.

1 Like

Round 2! Here is the Fury that came in today. The 120mm fans arrived as well. I've actually had the cooler for almost a month, but here it is too.

Not very mirrior-y :|

1 Like

Damn that's a sexy looking GPU! Not too flashy, but flashy at the same time!

1 Like

Just a small update.

I've opted for a i5 6600k because the 6700k isn't anywhere in stock here in the US and the i5 is $100 cheaper. I wanted the i7 because of the multithreaded performance, but I'll have to wait for the i7 8xxxk series (apparently intel is moving to a tick-tock-tock, so the LGA 1151 socket might last that long) or Zen+.

Additionally, I've ordered both the CPU and case. So it shouldn't be long before the final build.

I've started cutting vinyl for the motherboard, and it's looking good so far. It's really hard to measure, as I don't have any professional measuring tools.

My final post probably will include the CPU, Case, white extensions, and the complete build.

Stay tuned.

1 Like