Good afternoon Level1 Community. Long time watcher of Level1 news, but first time coming to the community forum and posting.
I’m reaching out here because I’ve got a thoroughly strange issue with an RDS deployment in Azure that so far has stumped absolutely everyone I’ve talked to (including multiple teams at MS themselves, from the bods at Concentrix to the Tek-Expert folks as well).
In fact, I’ve had support bods at Concentrix tell me my Azure deployment is wrong, and then link MS documentation that clearly indicates that my deployment is in fact correct; but I digress.
So I’m hoping that someone with more practical experience might have seen this before, or at least have a suggestion for resolving the fault.
Azure Traffic Manager -> 2x RDS Gateways -> Azure Load Balancer -> 2x RDS Connection Brokers (in HA) -> Session Hosts
The RDP sessions have an SSL encryption. (Well, they should, see below)
We started seeing an issue at the start of the year where the RDP files were occasionally missing the SSL info (and a few other lines). Some investigation showed that if the user was getting the file from Connection Broker 2, the file was missing the pertinent data. Any connection through Connection Broker 1 resulted in an intact file.
Now the two connection brokers use an AzureSQL database; and I’ve gone through the following so far:
1: Dropped and rebuilt Connection Broker 2, adding it back into the RDS farm
2: Verified connections from each connection broker to the AzureSQL DB via SSMS on each of the servers
3: Ran through every PS function I could as pertaining to connection brokers in high availability, checking for parameters, connection strings, permissions, roles and such.
As mentioned above, I’ve had multiple MS bods go through it, I’ve had engineers from other firms go through it, and yet no-one seems to have any clue as to why we’re getting these abridged RDP files.
Thus I’m reaching out elsewhere, to see if the tech community has any input.