Unsure on problems with my RAM speed for my APU system

I have an A10 7700k APU and bought 2400mhz ram for it (old technology I know), but my motherboard sets the clock 1333mhz when booting into any OS. I wondered if it was a fail-safe kinda thing(being that motherboard is of an older persuasion) and was doing this automagically so I decided to try out 2133, 1886 and 1600mhz. With all configurations I had the same problem. When entering the BIOS it displays “8gb@2400mhz”, but also 1333mhz on the same page?

To be frank, I’m completely new to this. Thus far all I have done is used the GUI to change RAM speeds, but am I going to have to start messing round with voltages to get results, or am I missing something crucial (like a toggle or setting) ?

Information that might be helpful:
AMD A10 7700k (3.4 ghz)
Corsair Vengence Pro (2 * 4GB) DDR3 2400mhz CL11 XMP RAM # will the “XMP” part effect this, as I’m using D.O.C.P
Asus A58M-E motherboard.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me out. Don’t feel as though you need to go above and beyond, as I can always repurpose my hardware, although it would be nice to have it running as it should be.

Thanks

I’m not exactly familiar with the Asus boards, and I know it is pretty easy for things to not get set properly when using auto settings. The best bet would be to set the ‘speed’ and timings yourself according to what the RAM specifies. You can double check this with a program like CPU-Z or similar. It might also be a good idea to use a program to confirm what settings are in place by the time you get to the desktop.

If you want to go a step further, you can run some benchmarks to see what effect the changes have on your system. It is possible to run at faster ‘speed’ with really loose timings and end up worse than a slower ‘speed’ and tighter timings. I never use XMP, so I don’t really know how it works under the hood.

Sometimes when using auto settings it will shade out something that cannot be set manually while the auto settings are in place. When doing so, it may show numbers that aren’t related to the actual number it is set at. Perhaps taking a picture of what you are seeing can help someone else more familiar with your UEFI/BIOS to figure out what is going on.