[Unofficial] METAL Recommendation Thread (Are you Looking for METAL?)

Fav Christian metal band.......yes most christain metal bands are hideous...these guys aren't.

One of the hardest working metal bands out of Reading PA

Queensryche and Deep Purple are two classics
and one of the first metal music videos when MTV was brand new...yes I am THAT old:)
Warning....the hot blonde is probably collecting social security by now!

Deliverance also identified as a christian band. Their older stuff was pretty good. TBH as long as the guitar sound is killer and the music has a good groove, I could kind of care less what the lyrics or meaning behind things are. All I usually ask of a vocalist is to not annoy me :D

Ufomammut - Try the track "Hellcore" or "Blotch"

Weedeater - Try the track "God luck and good speed" or "Jason... The Dragon"

Electric Wizard - Try the track "Venus in Furs", "Dunwich" or "Living dead at the Manchester Morgue"

Defiantly hear the Iron Maiden influence.
While I don't expect the vocalist to be classically trained like Pat Benatar or the guy from Queensryche I do like it when they can sing as well as scream:)

Anyone?

Machinae Supremacy has some pretty anti-theistic lyrics and some gaming related. A View From the End of The World and Overworld are the best examples. Very underrated band (imo) that combines power metal and chiptune.

Here are some Folk/Viking Metal Bands and my favourite tracks

Korpiklaani - Happy Little Boozer
Alestorm - Drink
Equilibrium - Waldschrein
Eluveitie - Call of the Mountains
Ensiferum - Victory songs
FEJD - Den Skimrande
Cruachan - Blood for the blood god
Forefather - Theodish Belief
Tyr - Hold the heathen hammer high
Manegarm - Blodorn

I would love some other recommendations for other folk/Viking metal bands.

Some Brazilian power metal for ya by a little band called Angra:

• Angels and Demons
  • Black Hearted Soul
  • Newborn Me
  • Temple of Hate
  • Spread Your Fire
  • Scream Your Heart Out
  • Carry On
  • Angels Cry
  • Winds of Destination

I haven't seen Persuader mentioned anywhere on the forums, or my search is broken. Finnish power metal.

Favorite track:

Full albums:

If like, also check out Savage Circus.

Haven't played the game, but this soundtrack is epic.

Looking for pretty much anything with a psychedelic sound. I love Ufomammut's album Idolum, it's amazing, but I don't know anything else quite like it. If you haven't heard it before and want a sample then give this a listen, it's definitely the main highlight of the album: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kASWOp9b9hs

Just started listening to this band recently. If you like folk/power metal, here you go.

Alestorm offering some words to live by:

Check out my doomology thread. Plenty of stoner/doom in there.

Also made a heavy stoner/doom playlist on youtube:

Not a lot of ambient/psychedelic stuff in that playlist, but there's some quality goodness in there

A playlist. Enjoy.

what are some metal songs that slow down for a bit with maybe something like piano or acoustic?

This one slows down for a bit... there's a lot of power metal that slows down for a little but this is one of my favorites

What kind of metal are you looking for? There's plenty of prog/gothic bands that include regular acoustic and/or piano breakdowns, but if you are looking for thrash or death metal that's usually a bit trickier. If you are able to narrow your focus that would be a big help.

1 Like

I posted this on the site once before wasn't that well reviewed, but still I love it. (Mostly because the person behind it all, yes person not persons.)