[Unofficial] METAL Recommendation Thread (Are you Looking for METAL?)

Hehe bewbs

Was talking to a French guy today and he put me on to this brilliant band

Christ how has no one mentioned Mechina?!?!?!?

industrial, symphonic, sci-fi, death metal

Mechina - To coexist is to surrender

Mechina - Elephtheria

Mechina - Vanquisher

Their other albums are sick as. Amongst the community "Empyrean" is the reigning masterpiece with "Acheron" in close second.

they also have some pretty fantastic symphonic tracks with an awe inspiring female vocalist.

1 Like

Nightwish album is out tomorrow! Hype!

Here's some goodies :)

Agathodaimon - I've Risen

Also Time to turn back time a bit lol

Orgy - Fiction (Dreams in Digital)

Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)

Slipknot - Purity

Scars of Life - Bullet with your Name (Album Version)

White Zombie - More Human than Human (Meet Bambi in the King's Harem Mix)

I personally love Behemoth, i suggest listening to their most recent album, The Satanist.

1 Like

Holy Shit Bloodbath just dropped a new album? with Vocalist of Paradise Lost.

Anyone still looking for some metal? this song is by former members of Dawn of Ashes. they got an EP coming in August.

https://soundcloud.com/uriliaband/urilia-i-am-nephilim-teaser

https://soundcloud.com/uriliaband/bleeding-perfection-teaser

It's finally here >.<

1 Like

I'll start with my favorite band:

And how about some technical death metal:

Some pagan black metal:

@Logan you might dig this:

First two are Technical Death Metal, the rest is Black Metal.

Love to see that so many have explored black metal, especially the more melodic bands. Though I see no Ulver...

If that's too black for your taste, you might like Agalloch lovely folkish atmopshericy rock/black metal. The Mantle is their absolute best album IMO, a wonderful mix of soft melodies, a darkened atmosphere and elements of folk music. Great band.

As I've been exploring atmospheric black metal myself I've bumped into a lot of folky BM bands. I'm not a big fan of folk metal per se, but these guys really caught my attention. So if you're a fan of black metal and folk you'll probably like these guys.

Another band that caught my attention as I've been exploring the wonderful genre of atmospheric black is Midnight Odyssey. They mix mellowness of keyboards with the harshness of distorted guitars and end up with a hypnotisingly calm melody. Wonderful band.

2 Likes

Second vote for Saor. They are amazing.

2 Likes

As usual I need to shill some more thrash metal :D

I've always thought thrash isn't 'heavy' enough, the tempo doesn't work with the (relatively) bright vocals and melody. But your thrash reminded me of Aeon. Swedish death metal, sometimes on the brink to technical death.

Ohhh yess Ulver is great, even though I like their electronic era more tbh. Agalloch is godly, but their latest album was like meh for me.

Gotta keep my eye open in the next 2 weeks