United Kingdom LAN Party

Ok, so I've been reading the forum for a while now, but this thread finally made me overcome my fear of writing (bad English and what not).
When I first heard about the LAN Syndicate I felt sorry, because I knew I won't be able to visit it as I'm living in Europe, Bulgaria to be precise. Now, after watching all the videos and photos, I'm feeling even sadder :( .
But after seeing that there are more people like me, who would like to do something similar here in the old continent. :D
If something like this gets organized you can count me in.
May I suggest doing it here in Bulgaria - cheaper venues, cheap and good internet (http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-01-23/top-10-countries-with-the-fastest-internet.html#slide4).

1 Like

Im all for anywhere in Europe if something comes up. Its cheap to get anywhere in Europe remember everyone!

2 Likes

I would agree with this. I'd also see it as an opportunity to see more of Europe than I already have and I'd probably make an effort to drive to wherever it is because

The frustrating thing is, I could probably get that church building for a Friday and Saturday (not Sunday for obvious reasons) for a reasonable price, but I am 'up norf' and I imagine this would need to be in a much more major city. I can't see people all over Europe flooding Lancashire for a LAN party.

I actually know a guy that works for Multiplay (the people who host Insomnia). I'll ask if he/his colleagues would have any suggestions for smaller venues to host an event like this.

Eastern Europe
Ewww
I kid
Sorta

I was expecting such reaction. :D
Ok, IMO we should think about the logistics.
It should be a place that's easy to reach from every part of Europe (via plane, train, car, boat, bike etc.).

1 Like

Surely Germany in that case?

1 Like

I was just thinking about how Southern Germany is ideal.

my mind went straight to either Munich of Leipzig.

Bavaria is nice

1 Like

I mean London would be like
Easy
Though

1 Like

Apparently the next one would be in Kansas city which would be cheaper ad I think they have an international hub... That being said if your overseas.. An overseas journey to a Lan takes a ton of. Planning I understand

Road trip? :D

Germany is pretty amazing. I'd definetely be up for some travelling (providing it stays cheap), might as well make a week of it! Does anyone here live in Germany?

That would be the plan for sure. Could load my car with people from the UK. See some cool places, then play some games and drink some beer for a few days.

2 Likes

Am I right in thinking that this may be something to come back to later in the year? This thread dried up quicker than the last one haha

1 Like

Im up for anything in Europe, ill fly or drive :)

Best Regards Otto

I'd fly, any chance of the loaning computer thing that the US had?

I am personally VERY interested in this.