Unable to setup IOMMU/VT-d and VM on compatible hardware - Ubuntu 19.04

Screenshot%20from%202019-05-25%2020-16-13

Well, i think you are right. So yeah, looking-glass wont work with iGPU, or at least with an i5 6500. And i doub’t it will ever work with a iGPU on even the most recent cpu…
So i will probably do a dual boot for games/apps that wont work on linux, or where the performance difference is too big.

But if I think about it, theoretically the iGPU should be fast enough to render a 4k image. I mean it renders the host… But perhaps with the host AND the vm its too much for it to handle…
Any other suggestions?

Try the latest host and client and see if it’s any better? Probably won’t change the iGPU at 100%, definitely a limitation there, but may be a little better.

Please note that we just identified an issue with the latest client on Intel iGPUs, you may have issues even getting it to run.

1 Like

I will try it now. Just in time, i was on my way on installing a dual boot config :smile:

Edit: Well it is noticable better. But still my iGPU is at max load. I tried it with build 21b02efb.
I will also try the latest build starting with 438x now!

Well, build 438e9e09 works just as good as 21b02efb. But still iGPU at 100% so you cant really work with it unfortunately.

If you want task manager to list all the virtual CPUs separately instead of one unified graph simply right click on the graph and select “view logical processors individually” :wink: