Unable to install nvidia drivers in Windows WM

Hello!

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
32GB 3400Mhz CL17 (16GB for host)
MSI B450-A PRO MAX
1660Ti (guest)
RX 570 (host)

As seen above, I got my new parts and I was successful in setting up the GPU Passthrough.

However, I can’t seem to get Nvidia drivers to install properly.

Everything seemed to go well during the driver installation. Once it finished I rebooted. However the resolution is still locked to 800x600, my video card has a warning icon in device manager and Nvidia control panel doesn’t open (no error).

I came upon this post

And the issues were pretty much the same I had so I checked my xml file and indeed somehow the vendor_id line was missing, even though I thought I had included it before. Anyway, I changed it to:

<features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
    <hyperv>
      <vendor_id state='on' value='whatever'/>
    </hyperv>
    <kvm>
      <hidden state='on'/>
    </kvm>
    <vmport state='off'/>
  </features>

I then removed everything Nvidia related with DDU and reinstalled the drivers, however the issue still persists.

Note that I never got the error 43, which is why I thought everything was fine at first. Is there something wrong with the features section of the xml file above or is it something else?

Thank you!

I got some hope when I noticed the paragraph above Error 43 in the arch wiki, which mentioned adding <ioapic driver='kvm'/> under the features tag. I set up a new VM but there was no difference.

I’m running Manjaro btw.

EDIT:

Well, looks like it was user error all along… I think? Third time’s the charm I guess. Started clean, put all the lines in super meticulously and although I don’t think I did anything differently, the drivers installed and work fine now.

If any mod reads this I guess you can delete since I didn’t really discover anything other than my own incompetence lmao

I thought the vendor id value needed 12 characters, so that’s good to know