(UK)RTX 3080 - when will stocks be plentiful do you think?

Yeah, absolutely nothing to do with this at all.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought that too, but someone said the direct selling to miners was 1-2% of stock. Very much welcome a correctionā€¦am also amazed that even now, my normal 'go-to" outlet still has around 2000 overstanding preorders.

I thought that was 1-2% of revenue

If itā€™s revenue, thatā€™s not counting new sales of things like 2080s and 1660 tiā€™s.

Which, letā€™s be real, the entry-level and mid-tier GPUs are not being effected by this supply shortage, considering a $500 GPU is not mid range, unless you think a 3900x is mid range as well.

Of course, hereā€™s how I categorize the ā€œtiersā€ of cpus/gpus:

• homeless but need pc (used fx series CPU)
  • just why? (3100x)
  • entry level (3300x/3200g)
  • midrange (3600x/3700x)
  • high end (3900x/3950x)
  • lol ok Mr. Burns (3970x)
  • Youtuber (3990x for gaming)
2 Likes

Or, in Intel land:

• Atom (phones/embed)
  • Celeron (thin client/router)
  • I3 (laptops)
  • I5 (poor people desktop)
  • I7 (budget PC)
  • I9 (proper PC)
  • oh wait, AMD stole their lunch, and GPUā€™s wonā€™t target users/gamers.

If only the prices aligned with the capabilitiesā€¦

Bold, nay, prophetic, heck, almanac level of predictionā€¦3080 10gb will be discontinued.

Itā€™ll be a new level of buyers remorse for those (me included :sob:) that have managed to purchase a current 3080 10gb in light of shortage and scalping.

1 Like

Mfw the whole reason nvidia launched the 10gb model was to tie up scalpers resources in a useless card

tenor (2)

2 Likes

I thought it was they thought AMD will release another 480 Polaris++++ refresh.

Nah, they knew amd would come out swinging this year, thatā€™s why they actually provided some increase in performance. Albeit, not much increase, but thatā€™s a shit post for another day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.