(UK)RTX 3080 - when will stocks be plentiful do you think?

This is UK question!

Just wondering how long it will be before anyone could casually buy one and stocks become normal? Perhaps end of January 2021 is a fair assumption?

Thanks!

1 Like

@discobot fortune

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

3 Likes

I’ll go with that.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I would guess the SUPER version will be when its available (TSMC version)

2 Likes

watch the youtube channel “not an apple fan.” he is probably the best inside source for EU info.

1 Like

Cheers all :+1:t2:

@mutation666 @anon85095355

2 Likes

might wait for 6800XT and 6900XT benchmarks tho

Hard to Say… literally everyone is having huge issues and it all comes from the same fab… my only prediction is that all shortages would end simultaniously (consoles at the same time as gpus etc)

1 Like

plentiful? likely never for the 3080 i think the node shrink isnt working in there favour atm for yields. they may have to spend a generation perfecting the lithography before they get a decent return on the silicone yield wise. and depending on what amd do with the xtx. nvidia may not have time and be forced to move on to the next gen, while they perfect the process on the fly.
but thats a guess.

2 Likes

Thanks mate :+1:t2:

Very well thought out response @anon7678104 Thank you. It’s a bit annoying as I don’t need it for gaming, but for productivity (3D rendering). My P2000 is doing just fine as I mainly do 2D drawing via CAD, but my new rendering software plugin loves a powerful GPU.

Fuck knows, I was in a queue at OCUK for 2 months waiting on a non-OC Zotac. Saw a statement from Nvidia about stock issues and saw Scan had stock on 3090’s so just got the Zotac 3090 and left OCUK in the dust.

Can’t wait to play Cyberpunk on this thing.

Wow, you were lucky getting an order in for Scan, I see they still have 2000 pre-orders. Do let us know when you get yours :+1:

sorry mate I just had to

2 Likes

Little late but it arrived :smiley:

This thing makes my 980Ti look like PS2.

1 Like

Tru fax though. I legit feel smug as fuck right now.

May not well into Spring.

2 Likes

Somehow, Nvidia blaming a different company, happens every time they have a problem.

2 Likes