[UK] Build log for new Office Building (From Dig to waterproof structure to prettying up...ongoing)

I finally put the Planning Application in last week, fingers crossed it’ll go through smoothly. Here’s the floor plan, it’s changed a bit because of various things

I’m having Office 1, I think that’s fair as I’m building it :slight_smile:

Ideally I’m going to put computers in the Storage room, but this may be needed for garden stuff. To start with it’ll just be a normal tower next to / under desk.

I also thought about a different design if needed, gives me smaller office but loads of storage…not too keen on that as I’ll be in the office at least 4 days a week.

9 Likes

Could use this as an excuse to splash on industrial looking windows/doors.

3 Likes

It would be a good idea, as it would also suggest there’s not much worth nicking…hopefully!

Oh and thanks to whoever put it in the right category :clap:

1 Like

THIS IS COPIED FROM ANOTHER THREAD…I HAD FORGOTTEN THIS ONE EXISTED!

Hello all,

Well it’s a Friday night, other half has gone to bed, so thought I’d update a few old posts.

The latest and fixed plan for this outbuilding is this:

Once I get the structure up, I’m going to work out how most of the cabling will go - I’m still keen in the long term to put the computers in the bottom right room, concealed within insulated walls…but we’ll see!

I’ve excavated a fair bit, would have been a pain to get a mini-digger in AND unload it, so hand dug. As it’s England, yes, it’s filled with water :laughing: I’ve got a pump, so it’s no worries and I’ve dug a further foot down to house the pump. Works pretty well.

So now I’ve root protected (not in shot), I can get the final dig extent accurate and then start shuttering ready for concrete pour.

So that’s it really, wish I’d have started a while back, but work that pays for materials needed getting done first!

8 Likes

Just admit you are building a spa.

8 Likes

I’m going to call it an ancient Roman Spa, so I can charge more.

8 Likes

Snow has delayed works :frowning:

6 Likes

maze is right, that’s a spa

6 Likes

I can probably put a hose in there from the hot tap, and stab some holes in it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll buy 30 of them! :laughing:

1 Like

Only if you get the cheap chinese versions that’ll electrify the water

3 Likes

I’ll be getting those, in case the mother in law fancies a dip.

2 Likes

Only a little update, nearly there with the groundworks part, moved the sand in today, to cover the MOT (like clean hardcore to specific size). Then it’s membrane time (plastic sheet) and then next week it’s concrete pour time. Out of the two tonnes of sand I got, I’ve got half a tonne left over, but I can definitely put that to use, covering ducting for anyone in the future as a warning that stuff is below.

Here’s a quick walk around: https://youtu.be/fa61JyLcvvQ

5 Likes

Hi All, just wanted to post a little update, slab laid now. Blockwork next.

6 Likes

Nice screeding

3 Likes

Cheers :+1: It went pretty well. Insulation and screed going on it, so it only had to be flat and not pretty.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, build looks great so far. I too have a lot conduit at my house. If you have any questions let me know, I did a lot of great things and made a lot of mistakes along the way.

2 Likes

Hi Todd, thank you, it went as planned - all about the prep eh! Really kind of you mate, if I get stuck I’ll send you a message. It’s a pretty simple setup, so hopefully it’ll go OK :+1:

1 Like