[UK] Build log for new Office Building (From Dig to waterproof structure to prettying up...ongoing)

I can’t see, but is your conduit coming straight out of the slab and into the wall or room?

2 Likes

It is indeed - top right. Intending to have an integrated shed with a fuse board in there.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have much of an issue, but I ran various sizes of flex conduit. If you have longer spans that aren’t tied down there is a chance of collapsing the conduit during a wire pull. I’ve had this happen twice in my attic. My long runs in concrete are perfect and my longer runs that are clamped down to studs in the attic are good too. It’s just the free-floating runs in the attic that haven’t worked out.

3 Likes

That’s a good headsup about the collapsing conduit, cheers :+1: I’ve used external rugged conduit, so it’s pretty tough stuff, but when I come to internal, I’ll definitely take note :+1: Thought I’d do a little video: https://youtu.be/k6a7Ll3-79M

1 Like

Just a little update in video form

3 Likes

Just a little update, nearly half way there with the block work

10 Likes

Another little update for ya’ll :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s another view, from where I’m hoping I’ll sit

2 Likes

Could splash out on one of those fancy Corning optical TB3 cables that Linus used for his office.

2 Likes

Ha, you’re not doing two blocks, insulation in between like my neighbor is doing for their extension:

How does U value math look like for what you’re planning?

Oooh, I did think about that initially, but as a precaution I would configure the workstation to be in the attached shed (insulated and vented of course!). Well, that’s the intention, energy permitting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve gone for single skin block to reduce loading and depth of foundation. Using EWI 4 inch, then batten and weatherboarding. U Value should be around 0.20-0.25 for walls, 4 inch floor insulation and 4 inch over joist insulation sandwiched between OSB, 4 layers hot felt roof finish.

1 Like

Getting there slowly but surely, a real pain doing other jobs at the same time :frowning:

3 Likes

Getting up to fence height at last

…and as it’s the UK, it’s about to rain!

7 Likes

I imagine the office you are working on has a superhero kid named shazam

1 Like

Yeah, it’s up to kid height, just needing to add shazam height next.

1 Like

Pretty much 1 or 2 courses to go before I put the roof on.

5 Likes

I see your office has been enjoying the summertime weather…

4 Likes

Oh it’s been glorious :frowning:

4 Likes

Hoping to get roof joists on today

6 Likes