Ucav's homelab blog

Yeah…

Renters insurance should cover it but last time I made a claim it took 4 months to pay out.

2 Likes

Bro, I’ve got 8 8TB ironwolfs sitting in boxes here that used to be in my NAS which I’ve never had to time to put up on ebay.

When the time comes DM me if you want to set something up.

2 Likes

Hey man that is perfect! The system they are going into is a T420 with 8 bays so that is just the right number.

Just a PSA. The unifi-cam-proxy project is essentially dead in the water. Spent an hour messing around with it today with no luck. Read into the github repo and it seems like Unifi is sufficiently diverged from open source/industry standard IP Camera practices that reverse engineering the proxy is becoming unsustainable for the developer.

Guess I need to budget for a cheap Synology now for a NVR.

Nothing beats yt-dlp. It is cli-only, but you have the options to download description, thumbnails, different video formats etc.

I’d invest in nice lockers and security cameras. The former is just a safety measure, the later is a good deterrent. Nobody likes risking it when they see you have cameras around your perimeter.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is a detached garage in an apartment complex. The lockers are a good idea.

1 Like

Deployed my first docker stack through portainer using my own hosted gitea. Now have tt-rss up and running.

Got the printer back up and running. Ordered a new bed and print surface. All of the issues I have had with this thing stem from the bed surface being uneven and I am just tired of dealing with it. Was just going to buy a Prusa but they are perpetually back ordered or scalped on eBay. Just going to build the Ender up a bit.

Also repurposed an old cell phone to run octoprint and webcam so I don’t have to hands on the machine as much. Just waiting for the double headed micro usb cable to come in.

First 24hr print is almost done. Almost done with the upgrades and changes to the printer, then I am going to be printing like a madman making Christmas presents.

First successful 24+ Hour print.

2 Likes

Got Klipper on a Pi Zero up and running with Mainsail. Not super jazzed about this cooling setup so going to try something different.

Dual Z axis setup

What about any camera with RTSP and Shinobi? I use Amcrest cameras and Shinobi on Proxmox with Deepstack object detection and p2p remote access via the Shinobi mobile app.

I have seen shinobi mentioned before but haven’t delved into it too deeply.

Really tempted to buy one of these for my Jellyfin VM. Are these still a good deal for transcoding?

1 Like

Did a thing

At a minimum will be my transcoder for the Jellyfin VM and going to try getting SR-IOV (vGPU or whatever its called) going and use it for object recognition with camera system.

2 Likes

Ok hawt

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=1U4LW-B650/2L2T%20RPSU#Specifications

@wendell when is one of these going in the lvl1techs rack?

6 Likes

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/what-are-you-working-on-today/167475/1729?u=ucav117

1 Like

I think I am going to swap out my case fans for some higher flow ones when my Tesla P4 comes in. My 10G NIC gets pretty warm and I don’t think the old shitty case fans I reused are moving enough air in the rackmount case.

GDSTIME 1238 120mm 12V PWM Fan, 120mm x 38mm 213CFM DC Brushless Cooling Fan

If anyone has a different suggestion lmk.

1 Like