so if there is any one who tried this on his omen please tell me
is the Nvidia card will work probably ?
and there is no other problems such as heating problems or battery issues

my laptop specs :
intel Core i7 plus 8th Gen
Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
16 GB optane 1 TB HDD
and lastly if its all good what should in configure in BIOS or after installation ?

i really appreciate.

Thanks

Generally would be probably less headache to use popOS instead, as it’s designed with Laptops in mind. It’s also based on Ubuntu so it’s the same environment.

1 Like

Yah good
But i wonder …
Is it the same system , i mean its ubuntu but with much more improvements ?
And everything is the same ?

It builds on top of Ubuntu, so some settings are changed specifically for the usecase, the (proprietary) nvidia drivers are integrated into the ISO if chosen, so there’s no need to set them up yourself.

I would suggest taking a look yourself, here’s the website:

wendell also made a few videos about it.

2 Likes

Ubuntu 20.04 is also coming out in like a month btw. If you are gonna go Ubuntu Id go with 19 and update as new versions come out. I dont think it being supported for 5 years is very important for non server installs.

1 Like

I’ve seen some Linux distro’s not install properly on Hp devices, may try it out if you want… If I remeber correctly it’s related to not being able to install the distro onto the drive or BIOS issues

thanks , i will check it

maybe i will wait until the new Ubuntu…

yes exactly , people tried it and face battery issues , or the GPU not work probably

Any updates? have you tried installing the newest ubuntu 20.04? Have you encountered any problems?