Ubuntu Gnome freaking out when I rearragne screens

So I just installed Ubuntu Gnome and like it so far. But then I tried rearranging my screens (I have 3) so the one on the right is on the right, the one in portrait mode is in portrait mode is just that. But when I clicked to apply the hanges, two of my screens whent black and the one still on just displayed some distorted and glitched image.

This has happended twice and rearrangin the screens is impossible at the moment. The first time was while I was installing AMD drivers and the second time was just after rebooting the PC.

I have never seen anything like this and I am just wondering if anyone here has any idea as to what's wrong? I have had zero issues with my GPU before, so I doubt it's that.

How it looks when it glitches out right after I click apply: http://i.imgur.com/4Fa3bAu.jpg
Closeup on the glitch: http://i.imgur.com/HqbBdBR.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

What driver (open- / closed source AMD driver) are you using?

What tool are you using to arrange the screens?

Have you checked out the logs?

You can check the X-server log with (see bottom):

less /var/log/Xorg.0.log

AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta for Linux

Currently installing that one. Taking ages though. :/

I... I don't know what that means. Total Linux newbie here.

Take a look through /var/log, there might be some files with further information on the problem as JacksGTinHD mentioned, the Xorg log would be a good start as that file should log graphics related events.

Okay, any particular lines I should keep an eye out for in the log?

Anything marked as error? I don't have too much experience with the GUI side of Linux unfortunately as I mostly use it as a server based OS with shell only.

Essentially you'd want to look at the timestamps in the logs and get an idea of any events that were happening around the time the problem happened, you'd then be able to just do a Google search on any error type messages that may have been logged at the time of the event.

Didn't find any errors there (I probably don't know what to look for).

Still cannot find a solution to this. I installed Ubuntu Unity and the problem persisted there aswell. Kind of in a shitty situation here. Really want to get into Linux, but thi bug is making that impossible.

The problem does not exist on Windows (8).

Anyone? I really want to get this to work.

Am not using Catalyst. Still problematic.

I am sure. I am far from what one would call "experienced" in the field of Linux. But I tried it with clean installs of both Unity and Gnome and it still fails to solve the problem.

upgrade the Kernel and upgrade gnome to 3.14. Gnome 3.10 is kinda ancient now. Start with the opensource drivers that come pre-installed with ubuntu. If those give you issues try the catalyst drivers. (I must be one of the lucky few that have no issues with those drivers.) If install teamviewer I am sure one of us would be willing to remote in and help you.

Thanks for the tips. Will try that.

Simply upload the log to pastebin etc.
If everything is freaking out like that, the X Server surely noticed something.